Sunday, April 11, 2010

Listening to the Promptings of the Holy Ghost

This afternoon I had no interviews after church. I was excited. That meant I would get to go home early and have a few more hours of Sunday. This is not a normal thing.

I felt prompted to use some of my extra time to visit Don Workman. He had some serious health problems and was in intensive care. Rich Snyder and I went to the hospital where we found out that Don was going back into sugery within the hour. Donna, Don's husband, had tried to get a hold of me, but was unable to. I spoke to Don for a little bit, gave him a blessing, and went home.

Don passed away during surgery. Had I not followed the promptings I would have not been at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.

Survive the last days and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am currently a band teacher on the Pacific coast of the United States. I am also a Bishop of an LDS ward. I have been married for 16 years and have four sons. I am working on getting a Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction: Technology.