Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Promptings of the Holy Ghost

It has been a while since I have posted. Sick family, homework, church, and work have kept me very busy. Why am I so busy? Why did I decide to have this kind of life? It was my decision. Who in their right mind would get a Masters degree while a bishop? Me.

A year ago I was shown an opportunity that would help me get a Masters degree. The Spirit prompted me to do it and so I followed. I knew it would be busy and take a couple of years, but I also knew that if the Spirit prompted that I would be able to accomplish (1 Nephi 3:7).

To survive the last days a saint must be willing to follow the promptings of the Spirit, even the smallest ones. Those promptings will lead to safety, guide from danger, and protect from evil. Don't ignore those promptings. They are precious and I am thankful that I am daily guided by the Spirit. Where would I be without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am currently a band teacher on the Pacific coast of the United States. I am also a Bishop of an LDS ward. I have been married for 16 years and have four sons. I am working on getting a Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction: Technology.