Thursday, February 18, 2010

One weakness, one weakness only

In the struggle to make daily choices we face one question. The question is disguised among layers and layers of other choices. Many of the choices may seem unrelated to the "one" question. What is that one question: Will I obey God?

Similar to one question we have one weakness. It may seem we have several, but they are only the upper layers of a deeper weakness. We may rid ourselves of one weakness only to find another and another, but we are peeling away the layers until we get to the one true weakness. That weakness is the underlying cause to all our disobedience.

Ether 12: 27


27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Many read this scripture incorrectly. They replace the word weakness with weaknesses. It is singular: weakness. That weakness is our unwillingness to obey God. When we truly look deep inside ourselves we will find that we willingly disobey God. That is our weakness. Only by humbling ourselves (choosing God's will over our own) can we be made stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Oregon, United States
I am currently a band teacher on the Pacific coast of the United States. I am also a Bishop of an LDS ward. I have been married for 16 years and have four sons. I am working on getting a Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction: Technology.